Happy Ramadan! Ramadan is the Muslim month of fasting. People fast from sun up to sun down and its a time of spiritual reflection, prayer, and charity.
Personally, ramadan has meant a lot to me ever since I lived in Minnesota, where a lot of people fast and celebrate Eid.
A boy takes part in a prayer at the new Grand Mosque in Strasbourg, France, on Aug. 1. Image by Vincent Kessler/Reuters from CSM.
Let’s celebrate with some cool links:
- 30 Mosques. One of my all-time favorite websites. Every Ramadan, these guys roadtrip across the USA. In the process, they write great stories about the diverse, inspiring, amazing Muslim communities and mosques they visit.
- Ramadan 2011 in pictures by the CSM.
- An Idiot’s Guide to Ramadan from the BBC.
- Five myths about muslims in America from the Washington Post.
- Muslims wearing things. Old but good.
Do you have any good Ramadan-related links? Pls let me know.